2. Check the local Meteo France marine forecast. ( the table gives the tides, too).
This amazing global weather animation gives you an instant overview of the winds, wind gusts, temperature, pressure, clouds, rain, low clouds, humidity at the surface and elevations up to 13.5km high for 10 days. If you click on the Play arrow on the bottom left you will see the animated weather systems move through the next 10 days. Or click on a day and time to stop the animation then. Click on a location for deails of that location including graphs of wind, temperature, rainfall, sunset and sunrise.You will love this site no matter where you are on the planet.
4. Check the 7.5 day NAVGEM and GFS forecasts. Ignore google's joke (it does not trust the US Dept. of Defence) Select the button for the precipitation and sealevel map loop and while it is loading right click on the "compare GFS Oceania" link on the top left of the loop page and select open in new tab. Then you can compare the 7 day forecast using two supercomputer models..
5. Wind grib animations The Meteo France wind grib animation is normally more detailed and accurate than their Marine Forecast or the Windyty animation, but only provides wind gribs for two days. Use this to fine tune your day sailing in the lagoon.
6. Radar animation For a quick look around to see rain coming your way in the next few hours. For example before you hang out the laundry to dry.
7. Get the latest SW Pacific Satellite image. Except for the Radar, the rest of the weather information is computer generated constructs. The image is your reality check.
8. Satellite image animation Gives a good idea of weather system movements near New Caledonia. But the Winsyty.com Wind animation is much easier to understand in terms of winds.
9. MetBob The Bob Blog provides insight into cruising weather in the South Pacific. Bob is based in New Zealand and his blog will give you a heads up on the science behind what's happening with the weather. He also provides route planning information to yachts sailing the South Pacific.
Long Range Weather Forecasts
for planning passages (click this link for tips on long term weather window forecasting).
The following links are listed in order of sites I find provide the most accurate long term predictions.
Short term Weather Forecasts
The best quick look at the current weather (in addition to looking outside).
Latest IR satellite image - Fiji updated every hour on the half hour.
New Caledonia Weather forecasts
Noumea FM Radio Weather
(89 FM) 05:58, 14:58
TV Weather Tele Nouvelle Caledonie -before and after the evening news.
Times: 06:30, 09:30, 15:15
CH 16 then change to
Information on 140 anchorages plus a host of useful information on Vanuatu, the weather, and yachting in the South pacific.
Click here for more about the cruising guide to Vanuatu
A comprehensive travel planner to Vanuatu - the companion to the nautical version of the Rocket Guide - has information on all of Vanuatu's tourism attractions, activities and facilities. (included with the Vanuatu Cruising Guide package).
Click here for more information on the Rocket Guide to Vanuatu
A comprehensive travel planner to New Caledonia- the companion to the nautical version of the Rocket Guide - has information on all of New Caledonia's tourism attractions, activities and facilities (included with the New Caledonia Cruising Guide package).
Click here for more information on the Rocket Guide To New Caledonia
Includes the companion Activity and Travel Guide.
Works on Windows (XP or later) and MacIntosh (OSX 10.7 or later).
This is an excellent gift for someone who plans on cruising, chartering, surfing, kayaking or diving in New Caledonia.
€125.00 includes air mail to your billing address or paypal address.
Allow 1 to 4 weeks delivery depending on your address.
€125 air mailed to your billing or paypal mailing address
If you are also planning to cruise Vanuatu, we have a special offer for all 4 guides that includes the New Caledonia cruising and tourism guides plus the latest Nautical Rocket Guide to Vanuatu and it's companion Travel Guide to Vanuatu.
Euro 210.00 includes air mail to your billing address or paypal address.
If you have a good fast Internet connection you can download your guides now.
After payment you will be transferred to a page with installation instructions and download links..
At the same time you will also be sent a receipt for your purchase and a separate email with the links plus detailed installation and activation instructions. You need that email to get the download and activation instructions and access to the online activation center so if you don't see it in your inbox check your spam box.
The links are only valid 48 hours so be ready to do the big downloads within 48 hours before making payment. You HAVE to use a download manager because these are big files.
For Windows we recommend http://eagleget.com/download/
For Mac users we recommend http://www.mac-downloader.com/download/downloader_mac.dmg
The downloader assures the download will be uncorrupted. Many people who do not use a download manager have problems and waste their time and mine with download issues. In the end they use a download manager program and have no problem. So do it right the first time, please, the download manager program does not cost anything and will greatly speed up the download for you.
Requires XP or later
Installation file for the cruising guide is 386MB and the companion Activity and Travel Guide 481MB - Euro €125.00.
Requires Mac OSX 10.7 to OSX 10.10.2
Installation file for the guide is 403MB and the companion Activity and Travel Guide 561MB - Euro €125.00.
Requires Windows XP or later
Installation files for the 4 guides to Vanuatu and New Caledonia are 220MB, 480MB, 386MB, 481MB - Euro 210.00
Requires Mac OSX 10.7 to OSX 10.10.2
Installation files for the 4 guides to Vanuatu and New Caledonia are 225MB, 494MB , 403MB, 561MB - Euro 210.00